Click the link below to download information on our huts:

South Canterbury NZDA clubrooms

50 South Street, Patiti Point, Timaru

Meetings every fourth Wednesday of the month 7:30pm.

Huts

Hut fees please deposit to our account:

Name: South Canterbury Deer Stalkers

Account: 03 1355 0514814 00

Particulars: Hut name

Code: Dates stayed

Reference: your party name and number of members

This will assist us to track usage of our huts and to assist with the cost of maintenance.

Red Stag Hut – Godley Valley

Maintained for hunter and public use: A $5 fee for each night’s stay per person.

Eade Memorial Hut – Godley Valley

Maintained for hunter and public use: A $5 fee for each night’s stay per person

Tahr Lodge – Mount Cook

Ideal for family or groups to stay in comfort and enjoy being off-grid. Facilities include, hot running water, flushing toilet, lighting, refrigerator, gas cooking, wood fire. Upto 16 beds available.

For reservations contact:

Allan Gillespie

Ph: 03 688 8303

Email: thatfly@xtra.co.nz

Veil Biv – Rangitata/Rakaia Headwaters

Built in 1964 this was a collaboration between the NZFS, Canterbury Conservancy & NZDA, South Canterbury Branch. The former, led by field officer Lance Boyd, organised for all the material to be provided to the latter. Volunteers from the NZDA, led by Dare Midgley built the hut at Erewhon Station before it was flown-in by Ray Wilson (pilot for Helicopters NZ) where Alastair Midgley put it on site. Removed in 2013 by DOC. New foundations were laid by volunteers in Mar. 2016, on a high terrace across from the old site & the refurbished hut was reinstated by volunteers in Dec. 2017. Many thanks to Hugh van Noorden, David Keen & members of NZDA South Canterbury branch. The site of the biv before removal was NZTM E1412052 N5193794.

Onslow (Steffan Memorial) Hut – Murchison River Valley

Built in 1954 by the NZ Alpine Club and now owned and maintained by NZDA South Canterbury branch.

Maintained for hunter and public use: A $5 fee for each night’s stay per person